What should you pay attention to in general?
- Don't sign the contract right away in the shop.
- Take someone with you for support who speaks good German.
- Take these documents with you:
Bank details (account number, BIC and IBAN)
- Don't sign anything if someone comes to your accommodation/flat or approaches you on the street or at the station.
Before signing the contract
- How much do you want to pay monthly, how much can you afford?
- Which countries do you want to call?
- What is the cost of a minute to (name the country here)?
- Is there an international flat rate to (name the country here) and what does it cost?
- Do you use messenger services, social networks and want to download videos?
- How much data volume do you need per month?
What does the contract contain?
- How much data volume does the data flat rate contain?
- Do you also need a smartphone?
- How much does the smartphone cost? (monthly or once off)
- What are the total costs each month?
- When can you terminate the contract for the first time?
- Does the contract have a term of 24 months?
Note: You have to pay monthly basic costs for the entire term, for example, 12 months.
- By how many months will the contract be extended if it isn't terminated in good time beforehand
The contract has no term, as it is a prepaid contract
- Where can you buy / top up credit?
➨ in various shops
➨ on the internet
- How can you pay the credit?
Are you unsure? Get independent and neutral advice! Find out more from the consumer advice centre: verbraucherzentrale.de